Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Life Rises, Unprotected

It's been a bit, hasn't it...?

Interesting.

I guess I couldn't stay away for long, could I? It's too delicious, an addicting evanescence within.

My eyes flutter shut as exhaustion combines with that insatiable thirst for knowledge of self...

The world is gentle... i'm standing on a soft mountain... seems weird, right? Soft, grey ash lies along a quiet landscape, and I see the ocean. The sun in setting in flashes of slow orange. I can see the photons moving slowly across the sky. . . gentle pulses and swirling orange wisps drift towards me happily, reflecting on the deep ocean as the sun sinks slowing into the world I never have seen, and suddenly, with a final flash of intense light, the world is dark, and I can feel the white light of the moon cool my skin from behind.

I turn around and look up at the soft light, and I sigh as I walk through the calm, peaceful death. I kneel, my white dress brushing against the light grey, and as the moon gently caresses the land, I see it. A single, innocent bud of green, rising from the ashes. Softly, I sink to my stomach, lying with my head resting on the flat tops of my hands, my eyes level with the new life in front of me, and I feel myself smile slightly. I don't know if this new bud will survive, but I know that not all is destroyed, and not all is dead.

I have hurt the thing I love, yes. I have destroyed the monuments and intricacies I built and fashioned within myself, but I know.. I KNOW.... I know they were diseased, dying from the inside out. I needed to purify myself. I needed to reset. This is new. This is the new me. It's scary..downright terrifying. It's vulnerable, weak, and might not survive the harsh environment, but I think I might just have a chance.

I plant a gentle kiss on the top of the green bud and stand, looking back up at the moon. I see myself stand there, grey smeared dress, a world covered in drifts of grey ash, and the single green but at my feet as the barest breath of wind stirs my hair.

A new adventure can only begin when the journey has been built, Beautiful Reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment