Saturday, December 15, 2012

Forward With Fire

MUSIC PLAYED - Counting Bodies Like Sheep

Beautiful Reader, I apologize. I'm about to disappoint you.

For once, peace isn't desired.

For once, I want conflict.

Eyes shut.

There's a long hallway, dripping with a dark red liquid, grated floors and the sound of metal crashing against itself in a war drum beat. Someone stands at the end of the hallway, black hooded and red eyed as she stands there, staring at me as her lips turn up in a sinister grin. She steps forward, and my fists tense as I feel the heat radiating off her aura. There is fire where she steps, lighting the blood trickling down as I hear my breaths come in short, shattering bursts. My heart beats to the chaotic rhythm of the war drums, and I step forward to meet her, staring directly into her nearly featureless face, her smile of pointed teeth, and her eyes, as the glowing red within begins to melt into her skin, falling like tears and taking the skin with it.

She leans forward, whispering in my ear, telling me to love her again, and love her I do, taking her hand and joining her with me, taking her essence as she fades with a fiery laugh, and I feel rejuvenated, a righteous fury burning through my veins. I look up at the far wall, and I run towards it, my fist slamming into it, blasting it into oblivion as I see my world, my peaceful, mountainous world with its aurora and mist, and I just stare, willing it to burn, to just go away and let me have my vengeance.

I feel myself smile as the spark starts from the aurora, the blues, greens, and purples flashing into a red and orange, spreading to the mist and consuming it as it rushes down the mountain, caring not for life or time, neither beauty nor filth...all burns, all is destroyed. The aurora blasts out in all directions, consuming, crushing, disposing of all in its path. I step forward onto the melting ground, not caring that my own flesh burns and yields to the encroaching and unforgiving heat.

I reach the lake, a smirk playing at the corner of my lips as i materialize at the bottom of the desolate pit and break through, my world fading in ash as I stand there, letting it swirl around me in smoke and the scent of death in a rampant vortex. I breathe in the smoke deeply, letting myself choke on it. This is what lay beneath the peace. More of the same.

I don't need to hurt anymore. I don't need to calmly accept that which harms me, relying on defensive walls and a retreat into myself to be unaffected. It's about time I try going on the offense, breaking through resistance and forcing myself forward. I will no longer allow myself to be held back.

Eyes open.

I don't know why I feel like this...but I think it's about time that I do.

Breathing Stone? Perhaps...

Stones can break bones, though....remember that, Beautiful Reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment